Dermatopoietin® is our tradename for interleukin-1 alpha, a biological signaling protein responsible for skin renewal.
In the epidermis Dermatopoietin® stimulates keratinocytes (major cell type in the upper skin) to produce interleukin-1 alpha, i.e. more of itself (autocrine signal transduction).
Fibroblasts (major cell type in the dermis) respond to interleukin-1 alpha by rebuilding the collagen and elastin network, activating growth and differentiation of keratinocytes and hair follicles (paracrine signal transduction).
Dermatopoietin® has the following effects:
- renewal of dermis and epidermis
- restructuring of collagen and elastin network
- reduction of fine wrinkles and skin folds
- increase of skin elasticity
- improved wound healing
- reduction of fat protrusions into dermis
- smoothing of cellulite skin
- promotion of anagen phase of hair follicles
- inhibition of hair shedding
- activation of hair growth